14th Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics
The Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics (WABI), established in 2001, is one of the major annual conferences on algorithms in bioinformatics. WABI 2014 will be part of ALGO 2014. WABI is sponsored by the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS), and the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB).
For travel information, as well as details on registration and accommodation, please refer to the ALGO 2014 website.
All research in algorithmic work in bioinformatics, computational biology and systems biology. The emphasis is mainly on discrete algorithms and machine-learning methods that address important problems in molecular biology, that are founded on sound models, that are computationally efficient, and that have been implemented and tested in simulations and on real datasets. The goal is to present recent research results, including significant work-in-progress, and to identify and explore directions of future research.
Original research papers (including significant work-in-progress) or state-of-the-art surveys are solicited in all aspects of algorithms in bioinformatics, computational biology and systems biology — including, but not limited to:
- Exact and approximate algorithms for sequence analysis, gene and signal recognition, alignment and assembly, molecular evolution, structure determination or prediction, gene expression, molecular pathways and network, proteomics, functional and comparative genomics, and drug design.
- Methods, software, and dataset repositories for development and testing of such algorithms and their underlying models, as well as high-performance computing approaches to computationally hard learning and optimization problems.
- Novel approaches to analyzing and modeling next-generation sequence data, including sequence assembly, population genomics, metagenomics, metatranscriptomics and ncRNA sequencing.
- Hélène Touzet, University of Lille
- Submission deadline:
Saturday 24 May, 2014Extended to Wednesday 28 May, 2014.
- Author notification: Friday 20 June, 2014.
- Final version due: Thursday 3 July, 2014.
- Poster submission deadline: Wednesday 20 August, 2014.
- Notification of acceptance: Wednesday 27 August, 2014.
- Workshop: 8-10 September, 2014.
The WABI proceedings will be published in LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) vol. 8701, (Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics series) by Springer-Verlag. Extended versions of selected WABI papers will be published in the journal Algorithms for Molecular Biology (AMB).